1.15.2011

resolution

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

This is the motto to my 2011. 

So many times we intend to do something
...send a thank you letter
...send a sympathy card
...go visit that relative more often
...remember birthdays in enough advance to get something, even if it's just a card
...actually sit down for family dinners (not in front of the tv)
...volunteer for community service hours
...meet the neighbors
...get involved in that bible study
...give that person a call just to let them know you care
...get together with that old friend you're always meaning to arrange a date with
and so many of these and many more things NEVER get done.

So this year my goal is to actually do them!
Enough with the lame excuses. Even with working and a baby, none of that is impossible. It might not be the most convenient thing to do a the time but it might be the best thing to do.

In doing these things I think it will lead to loving the people around me even more, better use of my time, and feeling more like the person I want to be.

Win, win, win.

Here's enjoying a few minutes with Dad.
And here's to more moments like this. :)

No comments: