5.13.2011

coupon class

Here's a quick couponing lesson and a little glimpse at my stock pile. No, I do not have it insured and nothing I have is a 40 year supply like some of the crazy couponing hoarders. Everything in moderation.

Walgreens: 
This is a good example of using a coupon with a clearance item. This item was free! Woohoo! I love couponing. I give them this little piece of cut out paper that I got for free and they let me walk out of the store without paying... magic! 
Side note: Always know your store's coupon policy. Walgreens will just adjust the coupon down to the price of the item whereas, Walmart just changed their policy and they will actually give you the overage meaning that I would have had 26 cents off whatever I had left in my cart. 

This is a great deal right here. First of all, just the razor is usually about 10 bucks but the razor and the razor + creme + holder pack were the same price on sale... always get the one that gives you more bang for you buck. So, $9.99... I use my coupon and pay $4.99 and get $4 in RR with my receipt. I turn around and buy bottle liners that usually cost $8. I use my $4 RR and then a $1 coupon for playtex liners and end up paying only 3 bucks for the bottle liners.
See?! It's a lot of math but once you get the hang of it you'll be shocked at how much you save. Also, good razors are something to stockpile because they are crazy expensive and they don't expire.

{Register Rewards (RR) are a long coupon that will print after you pay and are good toward your next order. You can split up transactions and use the RR 2 seconds later on your next few items.}

The loot!

So I ended up splitting it into 2 transactions and spending about $12 out of pocket (OOP) and I saved.......... $28! What always shocks me the most is how much stuff would have cost. That little pile would have cost me $40 if I wasn't a smart shopper... it's crazy how little things add up to big bills.



This is a little bit of the stockpile. Stuff we use all the time... dog food, wipes, paper towels, diapers, kleenex, ziploc baggies, etc.

More stuff we use. All that toothpaste was either free or cost me under a quarter.
Best part about a stockpile is that you don't have to run to the store when you run out of toothpaste or toilet paper or dog food... just a quick trip down the hall. 

A little bit more. See all the razors... that is something you should never pay full price for again. All above were purchased for $1.99 or less including 2 that actually made me money. :)

Enjoy and Happy, SMART Shopping!

No comments: