6.10.2011

just one of those days

So in the chaos that defines being a parent, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that my day has been a bit on the hectic side. 

As many of you know, I'm an avid couponer and thankfully I just got my binder back in order (perfect timing cause we were running low on everything) so I was set to go to the grocery store. Enter Randall's with my giant a** coupon binder (GACB), Gray, purse, and grocery cart cover. I love my son completely but he is become a less cooperative coupon shopping companion with each trip I take. So picture an 8 month old climbing up the side of his mother while simultaneously squealing and drooling everywhere. Yeah, we were those people. Finish trip thanks to the fact that I am shoving puffs in his mouth continuously while also watching my transaction to make sure everything goes right. ($102 down to $51... not great but pretty good)

Drive home to a whiney baby (literally) and leave all the groceries in the car to quickly put G down for nap. Walking down the hall to his room I feel a gooey, warm sensation and freeze. Doggy diarrhea. Grrrrrrrr.  Then I don't know what to do. Do I keep walking and trapse it all into G's room... the floors that he crawls on and then puts those poo infested hand into his mouth?!?!? Ahhhhh! While I'm having this dirty poo dilemma I am, of course, STILL standing in the poo. I decided on a partial hop/make my steps as big/few as posible. Doesn't really help. It. Gets. Everywhere. Eventually got G down for a nap/screamfest while I scrubbed the floors with tears in my eyes. 1 bottle of carpet stain cleaner and the rest of my Glade carpet freshener later and we have a house that smells of citrus, fresh linnen, lemon chicken (in the crockpot) and just the slightest scent of liquid poo. 

All that said, I was super stressed and upset about it all but knew that blogging about it would make me feel just a little more in control. Sigh. Thank goodness for crockpot dinners already ready and for my amazing blender that will make delicious margaritas tonight.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Tryu 1/2 of an imodium in cheese for Sawyer if this is just a one time thing, if continuing, head to vet to be sure not a virus or parasite like Giardia, that transfers to people as Duane can attest.