5.27.2009

Happy Belated Mother's Day

Marlene
Let me just start by telling you that my mom's amazing-ness cannot be summed up in a mere blog post. Since I was raised in a single parent home, I of course think the world of the woman who raised me. She was always there to have any conversation I wanted to have, always there when I was sick and whiney, and is still there for me and anyone else she can help. She has an amazingly giving heart to all those around her and is always looking for a way to help. Thank you for showing me that. 
How exactly do you thank someone who has unconditionally loved you for 22 years? Who treated you to living room camp-outs and butter and sugar sandwiches (they are delicious) and made your 10th birthday Power Ranger themed at the last minute and housed all of your random "pets" without complaint. Thank you for loving me through my pink stage, my sewing phase, my Power Ranger phase, my Barbie phase (that even I can admit now, lasted wayyyy too long), my hippie phase, my awkward phase (phew that was a long one too), and my band phase. 
Thanks for always being there for me. 
I love you. 

2 comments:

annalee said...

what a mom, what a mom, what a mom, what a mighty fine mom!

Mindy said...

What a sweet post! You really are blessed to have a mom like Marlene! Thankfully, that will make you an amazing mom as well!!! You were and still are an amazing daughter Leslie. I wish there were more people like you!!

I love reading your posts and seeing how you are doing! You are a rare gem!!

Mindy