7.29.2009

a little bit of chaos never hurt anyone...

So, today is day 3 of classroom fixin' and let me tell you that it is hard stinking (had to go buy deodorant mid-day yesterday) work!
I have been pulling books out and (even though it makes me sad) getting rid of books that are just too beat up.

Some surprise findings: an old box of animal crackers in the very back of a closet, a large Hummer toy car, an unbelievable amount of chalk, tons of laminated comics, and a whole class set of leap frog tablets!

Here's today's video of my progress. Keep in mind that even though it looks like a disaster, it is an improvement because I had to pull out all the stuff in the closet and get it organized. There is a distinct possibility that my storage closets have sort of been a book graveyard for many years. I have hauled probably a thousand books up and down stairs and my muscles feel it!

Also, notice how I don't film myself at all because the computer will pick a horrible frame to be the image for the video like last time lol :) And sorry for the lack of articulation but I had been working 5 hours straight on my classroom and had only had a poptart to eat.
However, I had the wonderful help of my great friend Susannah and her daughter Kathleen. Thank you girls so much! Kim will be heading up tomorrow and Annalee and my mom on Friday! I seriously could not do this without you girls!

What I still need:
beanbags or a small loveseat
some education posters

Thanks to:
Annalee for the stools
Susannah for the world map and sharpies (can't EVER have too many)
Mom for the microwave
Anjuli for the minifridge

No comments: