5.08.2010

if you are what you eat, then i am cheesy

This week was a loooooong one. I was super sick Monday and had one of the worst days EVER on Wednesday. However, in between those two days I somehow mustered the energy to cook for an entire village.
Tuesday night, I came home and had an excess of energy that I decided to pour into cooking. I bought and prepped 5 meals that night complete with sticky note instructions on top of each of how to bake them. Genius! As much as I would like to be, I'm not much of a planner so this is progress. Dinners included Chicken Parmesan, BBQ Chicken, Garlic Lasagna, Oven Baked Pork for Pork Sammies, and Breakfast Tacos (not made ahead of time, just got all the stuff to make them).

Here are some pictures of the prepared meals ready to be shoved in the oven at a moments notice and enjoyed 35 minutes (about the time of an Office and a half) later.



Here is a recipe to help those who are not planners or baking geniuses feel like they are:

Chicken Parmesan
8-10 chicken tenderloins
bread crumbs (I use Italian)
1 egg
1 jar of pasta sauce (use your favorite)
1 bag (2 cups) of shredded italian blend cheese
A smidgen of garlic powder

Heat up a skillet with a little bit of EVOO. Place each piece of chicken in the egg wash and then coat in bread crumbs. Cook over medium heat until cooked through.
Place the chicken in a greased casserole dish in a single layer.
Pour the pasta sauce over the chicken and then some garlic powder and then all the cheese over that.
Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.

I served it with a delish spinach salad with homemade Italian dressing that was to die for. Now when I say homemade, I mean kinda sorta homemade. Check out this new product that I am in LOVE with.
It was $1.99 at HEB and is the best dressing I've ever had. I used apple cider for the vinegar part and EVOO for the oil. 

No comments: