8.01.2010

hello hormones...

and other pregnancy thoughts...

1. So hormones have officially hit this week. If you see me crying while watching The Next Food Network Star or when I can't get the magazines straight on the bookshelf or on a couch in the middle of Ikea, just ignore. (All actual events)

2. Cankles. I hate you. 

3. Baby H does not like, I repeat, does not like when I lay on my left side (you know, the one I'm supposed to be laying on). He goes berserk and shifts around like he can't get comfortable until I sit up or lay on my right side. 

4. I am so excited to meet my son and ready to not look like I have swallowed the sun.

5. Baby H is starting to get his baby fat and thankfully is starting to look more like a Pampers model and less like a Depends model.

6. I'm ready to have this baby.
I'm trying.

3 comments:

lynn said...

Leslie, you would think after puberty and pregnancy, we wouldn't have to deal with hormones any more, but NOOOO!! And I've had cankles all week too. Must be the weather. At my age, I never thought I would identify with a young pregnant woman, but I really do feel your pain. I love you!

Jenny Kay said...

You can do this! Our day together should be quite a memory... LOL! Carter is the same way about me laying on my right but just think it might be due to the better blood flow they receive. Hiccups, aching everywhere and needing to eat 6 small meals verses 3 medium ones, constant trips to the bathroom and sleeping position nightmares are coming to a close in 2 months. The treasures of our precious sons will last a lifetime! Hang in there!

Becky said...

You know what I think would help? Berger cookies. I'm officially carrying them around in my purse, lest I run into you on the street or something. :-) But really. I am. So I'm prepared for the handoff and any given moment.