8.03.2010

a project a day keeps the stir-crazy away

So we've been crafting up a storm here. There are certain days though that nothing and I repeat NOTHING happens here. In order to keep me in check I am declaring A Project A Day Keeps the Stir Crazy Away (APADKTSCA?... catchy... I think not)for August. 

Here is today's project: Baby Mobile

I'm really bad at taking pictures of the whole process but I did actually take a pic of the supplies needed.


Scrapbook paper (On hand or about 6-8 sheets (12x12))........ $3 or so
Wreath form........ $1.99
Round Hole Punches (Two sizes: 1 inch and 2 inch)....... $9.99- $14.99
Ribbon (On hand or one spool)........ $.50
Thread
Sewing Machine
Scissors
Paint
Hot Glue Gun

STEPS:
1. Cut out all the circles.
2. Sew together a line of circles in a random order. I did all blues and then all greens.
3. Paint the wreath form.
4. Glue the strands of circles to the inside of the wreath form.
5. Tie 4 pieces of ribbon to the wreath forms and tie together at the top.
6. Hang up and enjoy the cuteness :)

Variations: I was also thinking that maybe all white and cream circles that are a little bit longer hanging in the inner part of the wreath form and then color on the outside will make for a fuller looking mobile that would be neat. 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the talent girl! Hope you are feeling well! You look great! Miss you guys and can't wait to see you!
Love ya
Jenn

Melissa Au said...

Hi, I'm following you! Cute blog! I would love if you could follow me back!

Melissa

http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-tunes-10-gift-card-giveaway.html