8.05.2010

Project Plain Wall

Let me start off by officially declaring that I HATE, HATE, HATE white walls. 
At our last apartment, all the walls were painted and decorated within the first few weeks of living there. I just cannot sit there and enjoy anything; watching tv, crafting, cooking, ANYTHING! while surrounded by pasty white walls. 
This condition leads often to Chris coming home and finding a whole room painted or rearranged or redecorated or all 3! He doesn't mind it at all... one of the very many reasons I married him.
What makes it a little harder now is the whole, you know, being pregnant thing. 

Choices:
1. Make myself happy and redecorate but suffer the wrath of sighs and "Leslie!'s" that my loved ones will surely dish out. 
2. Wait. Wait. Wait and be unhappy with my current home. (Which by the way, only leads to complain-y Leslie.)
As most of you know... I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS choose the former. :)

Here is yesterday's project: 
Project Plain Wall
"Blegh" I think is the only caption needed. We got new bedding a couple of months ago but the wall stayed icky and boring. Shockingly, I couldn't muster the strength to stay in there very long but unfortunately that's where my crafting desk is. 

Solution: Accent Wall
Cost: Paint=Free (left over paint)
Mirror= $19.99 @ Homegoods
Frames= $3 each at Ross
Time: 2 hours

Result:

"Mucho mejor"
Still not finished with the room but now walking into that room doesn't send my pregnancy gag reflex into a battle with my last meal. 

2 comments:

Becky said...

aww very cute! please try to keep your gag reflex in check when you realize that the walls in my bedroom have been undecorated for 4 months now. :-)

Kelly said...

Seriously Leslie! Please come out here and help me make my home adorable! I need you inspiration and motivation! Miss you can't wait to see you in a month!!