8.24.2010

Library Lovin'

My first 2 days as a librarian:

Day 1: 
Rules & Procedures, Book Babies, This Is The Teacher (all ready for school) reading with a teacher portrait

Day 2:
Review Rules, Author of the month- Dr. Seuss, Book Readings, What is an author? illustrator?, Dr. Seuss illustrations with watercolor

Day 3:
Versions of Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Reader's Theater practice with props

Day 4:
Reader's Theater final performance with an audience
____________________________________________

Funny things that have happened so far:

My 3rd graders just watched my belly for about 3 minutes today while Baby H wiggled and wiggled. I was trying to read a book to them but they were not able to focus since there was so much movement so we just stopped and watched. Teachable moment: Babies can hear sounds and see light even when they are inside.

Kid Comments:

"Is there a baby in there?"
"Yes."
"Just one?"
"Yes."
"I don't think so. There are a few in there. You'll see Mrs. H."

"Who can tell me the special name of someone who writes a book?"
Raised Hand
"When babies come out they have to get cleaned out 'cause they're gross."

"Who knows what's in my belly?"
"A student"

"Who knows what's in my belly?"
"Probably a baby but maybe just body stuff"

"Who knows what's in my belly?"
"Your heart."
:) So true :)

2 comments:

rkhegefeld08 said...

that is so sweet :)

Kelli said...

So fun that you are a librarian! My MIL is one too!