4.15.2011

Coupon Crazy

As most of you know, I've been crazy forever but only coupon crazy for about 4 months now. I'm slowly getting better and better but you will probably not see me on TLC's extreme show. 

So, as mentioned before, I'm crafting/hobby ADD and I figured... hey, why not have a hobby that saves me money? Thankfully, this one saves me so much $ that I can actually do the other ones too. 

A couple of things...
No, I do not buy items my family doesn't need.
No, it is not all junk food crap.
Yes, I'm ticked about Kroger changing their coupon policy.
Yes, couponing is a commitment.

Allow me to introduce you to my other child (no, not Sawyer), 

my coupon binder.

Although she doesn't have a name (yet), several times I have put her on my passenger seat on the trip to the grocery store and my car automatically (because of her weight) turned the airbag on and beeped because the seat belt wasn't fastened... I think that makes her family.


Here is my most recent purchase including 6 bottles of concentrated formula, a dozen Eggland's Best eggs, wheat bread, milk, a cantaloupe, 2 boxes of cereal, various cleaners, 2 deodorants, 2 gallons of nursery water, 3 sparkling grape juices (free), 3 tubes of toothpaste (free), 2 mac and cheese sides, 2 Ziploc tupperware sets, 2 cartons of OJ, 3 boxes of pop tarts, fresh ground beef, 1 Swiffer Duster kit, new Jello temptations (free), rice, pasta sauces, 2 rolls of Seventh Generation paper towels, 3 bottles of dial hand soap, 2 bags of coffee, fresh cookies from the bakery, 2 Febreeze air/fabric fresheners and 2 room scenty things, 2 bags of Dove chocolates, Hormel deli meat, and a bag of romaine lettuce hearts.



$175.08 down to $69.83... works for me. 
{PS-those 6 Similac formulas alone (at $10 a piece) would cost what I paid for all of that}
60% savings though... not even close to my best.

A few months ago I could have walked out of HEB spending 69 bucks and only have 3-4 bags to show for it. Although couponing may not be for you, I love it and can't wait to get even better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If your looking for a way to save money as well when going to the store, you should look into e-mealz at mealtimemakeover.com. Corrie and I stumbled upon them and they have cut our grocery budget in half. They give you prepared meal lists, how to make the food, and how much it will cost you at the store, not to mention what aisle its on.

Where are you finding your coupons by the way?

Leslie Hokanson said...

I get most of my coupons out of the Sunday paper but some online as well.

Kelli said...

Teach me your ways!!

Leslie Hokanson said...

I will Kelli! I love talking couponing!