4.21.2010

motherly love... finally


Ok, so I'm officially 15 weeks and finally feeling great! Thank you Jesus! Just went to the doctor today and baby Hokie's heartbeat is great! Today was the first time I heard it and I am so glad I did because I suddenly feel maternal. Shockingly, the morning sickness, exhaustion, constipation, and back pain didn't do that for me! lol. I was really starting to feel bad that I didn't feel all that motherly. Today though, those few seconds completely changed it for me and I could not be more excited to be a Momma now. :) I even stopped by half-price books and got a few to start my collection... by time the baby gets here the nursery will probably be a baby room/library :)

I have been super slacking on the picture taking and the documentation so here is a quick pic of me at 15 weeks.



Tomorrow I am going to take an official one, and by official I mean taken by Chris, and I'll dress up cute for it. I'll also make sure to do it in the morning before my 5th graders have worn me out and made my face look aged... they do that almost every day.

On that note, two things.
1. I have some super funny stories for a future post of things my students asked me when I told them I was expecting.... oh the mind of a 10/11 year old.
2. My kids did pretty well on TAKS and I am so proud of them!

3 comments:

Kim C. said...

omg its like youre a real live blogger! love it :) keep up the good work! and yay baby hokie, love you already!

Kelli said...

You are looking very motherly with that giant grin! Isn't feeling the baby kick the best?

Mindy said...

You are so presh!!!